понедельник, 23 октября 2017 г.

weekly wrap up + pretty pegs

weekly wrap up + pretty pegs

Sometimes when I see a new product, I smile at the screen and yell, “It’s about time!” back at my email. For as long as Ikea has existed, those of us who obsess about design have been lamenting the ugly, chunky legs that come with Ikea furniture. While I’m happy to DIY, update and makeover just about any piece from that store, you’re always stuck with these thick block legs that, for me, ruin the lines of some pretty decent furniture. I’ve seen people hack the legs in a million different ways, but I always wondered why there weren’t more companies making legs (like Bemz did with slipcovers) to swap onto Ikea furniture.



Finally there is a company, Pretty Pegs, that gets it. They’ve produced a wide range of adorable legs that easily screw into the bases of Ikea sofas and beds. I can’t properly stress how happy I am about this; I honestly hope that Ikea is paying attention to Pretty Pegs and looks into licensing their legs from them so people can have the option of buying these in-store (and possibly at a lower cost due to the volume of production). Customization options like this would make me far more likely to consider buying larger pieces of furniture from Ikea again. Until then, you can click here to check out (and order) the legs online. Hooray for legs that don’t look like they were just sawed off the end of a 2 x 4 at Home Depot!




I’m heading out for the day, but I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Today we’re holding our second biz ladies lunch in the office, and I couldn’t be happier to see a big discussion turn into a positive, real-life event. Thanks to all of you for your support, and we hope to see you around the table one day. xo, grace


Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:


Original article and pictures take www.designsponge.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий